Black Jack Strategy

Black Jack History 2018


Playing Black Jack is easy, and it has simple rules. Why then, is it so complicated to win all hands? Before you try your hand at Black Jack, here are some basic strategies that you should keep in mind.

Perfect Basic Strategy, as it is known, is what you must understand and implement in your game of Black Jack to notching up your chances of winning by a mere 0.5% chance.

The Basics

The basic strategy is not enough to start winning games. It could either be lucky, or you are leaning on small chances to win some of your games. The basic strategy is not enough to overcome the edge. Try to look at it in this angle: consider it as a space shuttle. The booster does not go to space; it just launches the shuttle. Once the shuttle is up in space, it sets into orbit and goes about its business. You will need to count, and deviate and count accurate conversions. We shall deal with this later in this guide.

Start by following one chart. Till you understand the strategy of the game, it is advised that you do not mix and match any two charts. The best advice you can get is, learn to understand the charts in order. Do not confuse any two strategies.

Memorize it in perfect order. This is where you will start incorporating the strategies that you have studied, learnt and are comfortable with. Another thing that you have to keep in mind is that you have to memorise it so that you will know the strategy without having to refer to the chart repeatedly.

Going forward advancing your technique

Having a 1 % higher chance of winning is not good enough. It only means that there is a 99 % chance of losing! You not only have to know the chart forwards, but backwards as well. You should know it like the back of your hand, so thoroughly that you should know it inside out even if you are roused from your deepest sleep! You should be as good as a professional con artist!

Will surrendering help? Lots of people who play Black Jack have this common question. The option of surrendering is legal only on the first two cards that are dealt, and not after that. Some casinos do not have the option of surrendering at all. Know the rules before you play. Also, surrendering is not allowed if you are in the possession of a hit card.

Is splitting an option? If so, when? If your first two cards are a pair or if you have two high cards such as a king and a jack, you must make the decision of whether you will split or not. If you decide that you will not split, then…

Id doubling the next option? If you are likely to win the hand, depending on the cards that you are in possession of, say yes. If you decide not to, then you should think about whether you will hit or stand.

Following these simple rules will give you a higher chance of winning. Good luck!